Seventyeight was engaged by the Office of the Ontario Ombudsman to redesign and redevelop their website in order to achieve their overall vision of a modern, dynamic and engaging online information and communications hub utilizing the latest technologies to reach the largest possible audience in clear, new and efficient ways.
Separate versions of the web site were optimized for desktop, tablet and cross-device mobile compatibility using a Kentico CMS foundation.
Key outcomes include:
- Establishing a technical platform with the capacity to expand services in coming years.
- Empowering users to complete key tasks – of particular importance is the ability to submit complaints at any time, from anywhere.
- Providing connections to social media elements to encourage participation and discussion.
- Providing users with opportunities to easily connect and communicate with the Ombudsman’s Office.
- Development of an effective categorization schema, workflow and navigation structure to optimize usability.
- Development of an engaging, “on brand” design.
- Implementation of a flexible and intuitive Content Management System (CMS).
- Training of the Ombudsman’s team – empowering them to manage the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the website.
The website is built and maintained in Kentico CMS.