The Air Canada Pilots Association (ACPA) represents the largest group of professional airline pilots in Canada and is recognized globally as an industry leader in advancing the piloting profession and aviation safety.
ACPA engaged Seventyeight Digital to develop a responsive, engaging, interactive information and communications hub designed to efficiently and securely serve ACPA’s membership needs, streamline ACPA administration processes, and facilitate information-sharing, internal communication, and cohesion within the pilot groups governance structure.
Key outcomes for this activation include:
- Development of a modern, dynamic, engaging, visually appealing design – one that presents ACPA as a progressive, authoritative, member focussed organization.
- Optimized UI/UX design to provide streamlined site navigation and empower users to easily complete key tasks.
- Implementation of a flexible, scalable and intuitive Content Management System (CMS).
- A site that is architected and constructed using Responsive Web Design (RWD) best practices in order to ensure optimized viewing for users through the device of their choosing - desktop, tablet or smart phone.
- Secure member authentication, profile management and content personalization.
- A searchable resource archive for legal documents, governance papers, and pilot resources.
- Provision of core functionality including events management, member search, moderated Q&A Message Board, member benefit calculators, ability to send out newsletters, communications and alerts, etc.
- Providing members and the public with opportunities to easily connect and communicate with ACPA staff.
- Adherence to AODA accessibility requirements for public facing content/functionality.
Find out how we implemented Kentico CMS for ACPA
We constructed the website on a Kentico CMS
foundation. You can learn more about our extensive development capabilities with
Kentico CMS by accessing the case study available at the following link: Kentico CMS implementation