The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is a national, member-based, non-profit organization, dedicated to encouraging, guiding, and advancing the interests of purebred dogs and their responsible owners and breeders in Canada and promoting the knowledge and understanding of the benefits which dogs can bring to Canadian society. The organization was founded in 1888 and serves over 20,000 individual members
CKC engaged Seventyeight to develop a dynamic, engaging, socially interactive information and communications hub optimized for desktop, tablet and cross-device mobile compatibility.
Key outcomes included:
- Establishing an advanced technical platform with the capacity to expand services in coming years.
- Providing a modern, dynamic, engaging, interactive user experience – one that presents CKC as a progressive, authoritative and member focused organization.
- Responsive Design - The website was architected and constructed using Responsive Web Design (RWD) best practices in order to ensure optimized viewing for users through the device of their choosing - desktop, tablet or smart phone. The design was implemented using Bootstrap 2 framework in conjunction with Kentico CMS Page Templates and Transformations. This provided a tremendous amount of design flexibility while providing a powerful framework for tailoring the sites responsiveness.
- Boosting participation and facilitating interactions among CKC members, stakeholders (judges, clubs, etc.) and the general public.
- Providing the framework for paperless business operations.
- Increasing acquisitions, key task conversions and stakeholder retention and growth.
- Providing connections to social media elements to amplify messaging and strengthen relationships.
- Promoting self-service by empowering users to complete key tasks – registration and electronic payments, obtain news and information, learn about and register for shows and events and connect with CKC staff.
- Expanding online marketing capabilities and opportunities.
- Enhancing SEO to drive qualified traffic to the site.
- Delivering improved web analytics to increase understanding of CKC stakeholders and identify opportunities for site optimization.
The website was built in Kentico CMS.